PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara (PTNNT) operates the Batu Hijau copper/gold mine in West
Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara Province (NTB).
PTNNT is committed to becoming a leader
in safety, environmental stewardship and social responsibility. PTNNT invites skilled,
trained, highly committed and dedicated Indonesian workers and professional to fill the
following position :
Closing date : Sunday, November 18, 2007
1. SENIOR SPECIALIST - SHLP PROCESS (SLC0009)
To provide safety loss control needed at process area and together with user department
to compliance with SHLP PTNNT procedure. Performs supervisory duties direct reports;
audits compliance with company and national policies, procedures and programs; assists
line supervisors with training, communications and implementing the Batu Hijau Safety
Health and Loss Prevention philosophy and procedures; analyses department statistics and
develops and implements programs to address deficiencies; advises management of
regulatory requirements and proposes methods to meet the current safety regulations
• Possess a University Degree. This degree will preferably be in Health, Safety, or Loss
Prevention or related field, however if a tile in this field does not exist the individual may
supplement their knowledge with professional development courses and experience
(minimum 5 years).
• Must understand Loss Control Management philosophies and know Indonesian safety
regulations. Must understand the mining process.
2. SENIOR SPECIALIST TECHNICAL SUPPORT (SLC0060)
Coordinate and/or administer the Internal SHLP audit program, the risk assessment
process and Newmont Safety Management System Assessment program including the
completion of recommendations and corrective actions from these processes. Oversee
contractor compliance to SHLP required activities. Assist with the development,
implementation and maintenance of SHLP procedures and practices.
• A Bachelor's degree in Safety and Health Management or Engineering or related field or
an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in progressive SHLP positions.
• Well-developed team building skills, time management and people management skills.
• A thorough understanding of Indonesian laws and those required under the decree of
• Must understand loss Control Management philosophies and Risk Assessment principles.
• Have a good understanding of OHSAS 18001 and have an experience as an auditor.
• Must have excellent speaking and communication skills and able to speak to groups and
communicate abstract concepts.
• English speaking capability required.
• Must be a self-starter and able to effectively organize and complete projects without
3. REPRESENTATIVE - INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE (SLC0071)
To implementing programs and other Loss Control programs as required to prevent
occupational illnesses and injuries from occurring to ensure that health hazards are
identified, evaluated and controled.
• University degree three year Diploma program or Bachelor's degree in industrial Hygiene
or related field experience such as occupational health, chemistry, health care, nursing,
• Formal training in Industrial Hygiene, Biology, chemical handling, canteen hygiene or
• Experience and basic knowledge on using industrial Hygiene equipment/ laboratory.
4. TRAINER - SHLP TRAINING (HRM0315)
The Trainer, Safety, Health, Environment & Loss Prevention Programs, will deliver and
evaluate training associated with the critical areas of safety, health, environment and loss
prevention and other associated orientetion training for new employees, contractors and
daily hire staff. This will be in accordance with approved curriculum and relevant
regulations. Contemporary teaching methodology involving active learning and relevant
for adult learners will be provided Complete training and development records as per
PTNNT and Indonesian Government requirements will be maintained.
• Minimum Diploma in training field or technical related area (OHS, Public, Health)
• Completion of a Train the Trainer or similar workplace trainer development program.
• Minimum intermediate spoken and written English language skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to research and develop training materials and resources
• Ability to prepare, delivery & review the training program both in Indonesian & English.
5. SENIOR CORROSION ENGINEER (PMT0251)
Administer corrosion remediation field works and apply management plans, specifications
and procedures contained within the Corrosion Remediation Plan.
• Tertiary qualified in engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
• At least 8 years experience in multi discipline remediation project roles, on operating
plant, preferably with corrosion and structural repair content.
• The candidate shall have sound skills in workplace across facilities on operating plant
including tower, mobile and suspended scaffolds and mobile work platforms.
• Competent in project engineering skills of safety, environment and quality management.
• Computer literacy
• Intermediate English skills
6. SENIOR ENGINEER MECHANICAL (CON0026)
To ensure all the project works are complete with lead schedule, good quality, under
budget and safe.
• A degree in Engineering
• Understanding the Engineering drawing
• Understanding the Engineering specification
• Project Construction experiences min. 5 years
• Intermediate English skill
• Able to operate Microsoft Office, Project
• MS Project
• AutoCad or other design software
• Estimators experience
• Project Supervision
• Have knowledge of the Project Management
• Have knowledge of the Project Construction cost control
• Have knowledge of the Project Construction materials
• Have knowledge of the Project Construction Safety rules
• Have knowledge of the Project Construction Environment rules
7. SENIOR METALLURGIST (PTS0053)
• The position is located at a large scale mining and processing operation. The work
involves exposure to heavy industrial grinding, flotation and processing equipment
• Primary responsibility is to ensure that metallurgical projects are rigorously planned,
scoped, resourced and are executed within approved time frames and budgets.
• Monitor and report project and performance on a regular basis.
• Prepare project justifications and financial analyses.
• Initiate engineering pre-feasibility and feasibility studies.
• Coordinate work carried out by external consultants, contractors and suppliers on behalf
of PTNNT for projects including administration of contracts.
• A S1 degree in Metallurgy or relevant engineering discipline is essential.
• A minimum of 5 (five) years in the mining and mineral processing industry in a
supervisory level position is essential.
• Proven knowledge of mineral processing, particularly in grinding and base metals
beneficiation techniques is essential.
• Proven track record in technical project evaluation, management and control is essential.
• Highly developed problem solving, analytical thinking and creative thinking skills are
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills both in Indonesian and English are
essential. Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Proven team work and proactive independent work ethic.
8. SYSTEM ADMIN OPERATION & MAINTENANCE BUSINESS ANALYST (ISY0080)
A person in this position will be the functional expert in the Operation and Maintenance
(O&M) modules of the Ellipse system. A major function of this position will be in
understanding the administration of the O&M modules of Ellipse, including work orders,
maintenance scheduling, equipment and costing, condition monitoring, production
statistics, etc. This individual will be expected to keep abreast of new Ellipse maintenance
developments and compare those with current practices to ensure that Ellipse is used to
the best advantage of the company.
• Bachelor degree with 5 ( five )years experience.
• Quick learner, honest and self motivated and able to work in Team.
• Able to work with clients staffs to gather end-users business requirements.
• Competence in providing business consultancy to improve clients business workflow.
• Competence in Operation & Maintenance Administration, include in the planning and
• Able to communicate in English.
• Competence in Ellipse O&M is a plus.
• Competence in Database Query/Reporting Tool is a plus.
All application will be treated confidentially. Please send your application no later than 7
days after publication of the advertisement. Please specify in which position you are
applying for by mentioned the position name and position ID on the top right corner of
your application letter. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Send your application letter to:
HR Recruitment – PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara
Jl. Sriwijaya No. 258, Mataram 83126, NTB, Indonesia
PO BOX 1022
Fax : 0370-636318 Ext. 48042
Email : PTNNT.Recruitment@ newmont.com
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara (PTNNT) operates the Batu Hijau copper/gold mine in West